Thursday 3 November 2011

Study Proposal

The urbanites’ real  emotion is the area which I want to research. In view of existing situation of modern people, I want to explore the idea of the mentality of urbanites, and pay attention to the strange, lonesome or vacuous emotions which are cased by the tremendous work pressure. That’s the general direction. As for the specific interested areas, there are some tentative ideas to consider, such as the numb attitude of office worker, the fast tempo of life style in London and so on. As a consequence, in the modern society, people ignore their real feeling and neglect what they really want to have from their inner heart. The missing emotion of urbanites is an interesting area which I want to carry on my project.

I think the theme of the project is relevant, because design should be concerned with social responsibility, which is the soul supporting a work. In my opinion, it’s less intensive and nothing remarkable if the work is created by a designer or artist who lacks social responsibility. We should broaden our horizons and see through the world. As a result, I think that researching urbanites’ emotion is a way to consider the modern people’s state of living, while it is also a viewpoint to concern the social phenomenon which has close relations to our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment