Sunday 10 June 2012

Interview for urban people's idea about stressful life


Through a lot of research about installation and space work from related artists’ works, I tried to think the specific emotions of urban people. And I found all my ideas were my own thinking and feeling, not the attitude or thinking from the specific people who living in London around us. As a foreigner, I cannot understand British people’s thinking because of the different culture and society. So I did interviews and tried to know the area specifically.  And I want to know how people think about their life in a large city and what’s the different between china and here. Through the interviews, I got a lot of information from different people who working here or come from other countries. Most of them feel stressful, lonely, unhappy or busy to their work or study. And some people feel the pressure must be happened with the rapid development of society, but we need to face the stress and make our psychology to be better. I was interested in interviewing people, and it was a good way to get more ideas by different specific questions. In fact, the idea of interview was inspirited from the Jessica project, which was the first project with Silke in the first term.  If I want to extend the idea of interview, how to open up the interview question will be the point that should be concerned in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment