Monday 6 February 2012

The Start of My Main Project

The start point of my main project focuses on urbanites' surface emotion which is ostensible and unreal. In view of existing situation of modern people, I want to explore the idea of mentality of urbanites, and pay attention to the strange and lonesome mind which are cased by the tremendous work pressure.

I think that a lot of people ignore what they want, lose happiness and miss their emotion. In addition, they use an invisible mask to conceal their emotion in this complex and stressful social condition. As a result, i uesd mask to carry on an installation. In the progress, I broke the "surface mask", strung and hang up them.

The chips of the masks look sad and vacuous in the swinging state. In the first step, i just did one mask, but i think about to create the installation by 50 masks or more than this. After that i also think about to take a vedio which refers to the city life, and then use projection to show the images in the masks.

That's some starting ideas of my main project in the first step, I will spend more time to develop it and try to use more ways to do the work.



No comments:

Post a Comment