Thursday 16 August 2012

Work in Progress- Final show


I rethought about the model practice and tried to extend the ideas and realize it to a 3D space. Importantly, installation and space work are still my most interested area. As I mentioned, disorientation of the urban life is also the theme I want to show, and the fickle and stressful atmosphere is what I want to create in an interactive exhibition space. Through the test, I decided to create a mirror effect that will be like an illusion of urban life. In my work, I am exploring the stressful and fickle nature of the urban life and it's suppression of its inhabitants' emotion. My approach is to create a participatory space with a mirroring effect, with relevant themes to contemporary society. Here I am acknowledging that urban life develops rapidly, and that there are numerous pressures, like work and living situations, that make inhabitants feel lonely, discouraged, oppressed, and passive. I'm trying to make the stressful nature of the urban environment visible to the public. Additionally, my interest for 3D graphics and participatory design are clearly exhibited in this installation. The experience of models was an important step in my development. I extended my ideas and methods to a new stage, and got to know what area I really interested. As a result, some practice and test will give you a useful development.





No comments:

Post a Comment